Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Do You Want To Build A Snowman?


Hello Everyone!!  It's time for another Copic Oz Tutorial and today I'm getting in the Winter spirit.....or perhaps it is Christmas in July, either way come join me as I build a snowman!!

Like many Mothers of young girls, I've been surrounded by song and images of the movie Frozen so I thought I would have a 'snowy' tutorial for all those like me that are looking for inspiration and ideas along this line!  :)

Today I'm using JustRite Papercraft's Applique Christmas Labels One stamp set (complete with bits to build your snowman) and I've stamped the snowman, hat and arms in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card.

Now many people when colouring white decide to add 'cool' shading with Copic C1 but I think to get a 'cooler' feeling, particularly for things like snow, it's better to work with the very, very pale Blues and have flicked in colour around the edge of my snowman in B0000.

I've deepened the shading using B000

To really cool those shadows down, I've added some BV000.

I've lightly gone over these areas with B0000 again to smooth it out.

To soften any harder edges in the middle of the snowman, I've gone over them lightly with the Colourless Blender (0).

I've cut my image out using Spellbinders Labels 28 and then drew in a little bit of a scene using the Copic Multiliner 0.3 pen.

Then I've used B0000 and BV0000 to colour the snow surrounds.

Then I've made the white of my snowman pop a bit more by colouring around him with YR30 for a sunshiney glow.

Keep colouring your snowman, hat and arms in your preferred colours and create your card!  If you are looking for a tutorial on colouring black top hats you can find that here - Colouring Black.  For a tutorial on creating that 'glow' around the image you can find that here - Let Yourself Glow.

Hope you've enjoyed today's tutorial and happy colouring!
Kathy  :)Pin It

6 comments:

  1. That's lovely!

    When will the winners of the blog hop be announced please?

    XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The winners of the Blog Hop have been announced on the Inspiration Lane Blog - you can find that here - http://www.inspirationlane.com.au/2014/07/blog-hop-winners.html :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Kathy, I'll go check out the winners now, I have my fingers and toes crossed! XOX Lucy

      Delete
  2. Awesome ! Thank you ! White is the hardest thing to color sometimes.

    ReplyDelete